Saturday, May 14, 2011

Looking Back

I seldom look back in time with out wondering whether a different thought would have lead me to a different path, which would have led to a different outcome & how impossible it is to know 'did I choose wisely?'. Obviously, there have been many missteps & disastrous outcomes. But if everything led me to where I am, is it not where I am supposed to be? And really, could it have truly been played any other way? Is it just a delusion that we could have done things differently? Hindsight may be 20/20, but is the vision of an alternative just a nagging fear?
If one is true to oneself, then it is the gift of only one possibility. So, it is not about looking back & mentally changing the past, it is the ability to accept that every misstep was a step in the right direction of becoming who you are now.
It is often hard to forgive others, but harder to forgive ourselves. My crystal ball is perpetually cloudy, but amidst the fog is my journey. Clarity comes with prospective, acceptance & the power to move forward into a very brilliant future. So I go forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment