Sunday, January 9, 2011

Conversations With God

Below are some wonderful quotes from the book Conversations with God by Neal Donald Walsh that I wanted to share with all of you. This series of books blew my mind in a good way and helped me to see what I always knew.

These quotes were compiled and posted on the site "iloveulove.com".

You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things. Choose now to know yourself as these things always.

I mean you can’t lose in this game. You can’t go wrong. It’s not part of the plan. There’s no way not to get where you are going. There’s no way to miss your destination. If God is your target, you’re in luck, because God is so big, you can’t miss.

All attack is a call for help.

When you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts—thoughts that negate your highest idea about a thing—think again! I want you to do this, literally. If you think you are in a doldrum, in a pickle, and no good can come of this, think again. If you think the world is a bad place, filled with negative events, think again. If you think your life is falling apart, and it looks as if you’ll never get it back together again, think again.

Enlightenment is understanding that there is nowhere to go, nothing to do, and nobody you have to be except exactly who you’re being right now.

3 comments:

  1. The greatest realization that I have come to embrace is the gift of acceptance. That is what this message confirms. It is amazing how all falls into place, when one just let's go of resistance & becomes still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa gave me this book to read in my early stages of this chapter in my life and can I just say that Neale Donald Walsh lays it out like no other in this book. I personally had so many ah ha moments throughout the first written Conversations with God. Although I didn't know then how hard this past year was going to be, I do believe that Neale's writtings always laid in the back of my mind as a reminder that I too needed to have my own conversations with God! Melissa subscribes to his daily affirmations and often shares those that really brings us back to a peaceful mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Neal Donald Walsh today:

    ....that the best argument you can make is no argument at all.

    Do not argue with life, or with anyone in life. Life presents itself perfectly in every moment, and every person believe his or her point of view to be valid and 'right.'

    Arguing with any of this is pointless, and a terrific waste of energy. Simply create what you choose next.

    ReplyDelete