Monday, May 23, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
If one is true to oneself, then it is the gift of only one possibility. So, it is not about looking back & mentally changing the past, it is the ability to accept that every misstep was a step in the right direction of becoming who you are now.
It is often hard to forgive others, but harder to forgive ourselves. My crystal ball is perpetually cloudy, but amidst the fog is my journey. Clarity comes with prospective, acceptance & the power to move forward into a very brilliant future. So I go forth.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Focus Your Faith!An online resource center has been created to support Unity's yearlong campaign—The Year of Abundant Living. Feature articles, podcasts, videos, music and other resources are available to help you create and live a meaningful life.
April’s Theme: Step Out in Faith
April’s : I am strong, positive and powerful.
What Is Faith?
This excerpt by Robert Brumet is from his book The Quest for Wholeness: Healing Ourselves, Healing Our World.
“… Faith is intrinsic within the mind of every human being. It operates within each of us. We are often admonished to ‘have faith,’ but actually we cannot nothave faith! Faith is fundamental to our nature. To have faith usually means to focus our faith in a particular direction. Yet faith is always operating in our consciousness, no matter how doubtful or fearful we may feel.
“… Fear is having faith in certain images created by the mind rather than having faith in the creative power of the mind itself. … If we do not discharge this emotional energy from the body, these images will continue to haunt the mind. In a sense, we choose our reality because we, knowingly or unknowingly, choose where we place our faith.”
Listen to this recent podcast from Unity Online Radio about faith with Rev. Della Reese and Dr. Maya Angelou.
For weekly tips on living an abundant and meaningful life, tune in to the new Unity Online Radio programSacred Abundance with Rev. Robin Reiter, . Download podcasts.
Unity Online Radio Offers Empowering Book Series
Hear prominent Unity authors discuss their books firsthand through a variety of book series on Unity Online Radio. Each program is available as a free podcast.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Hey guys! I just wanted to drop you a quick note to remind you of something that has been on my mind lately. In fact, it recently became a song in my head and I haven't been able to shake it. My husband even plays the guitar and sings along.
"Got an idea?...Write it down!!"
Sunday, March 6, 2011
10 Ways to Increase Your Intuition
Intuition is connected with the brow area or "third eye" that perceives energy and messages from the higher self, guides and can even tap into past and future energy. Not many people realise that your intuition also comes from the solar plexus area because this is the centre of your "gut feelings" and when you are "centred" you will be more likely to be "in tune" or more perceptive to your surroundings.
For the average person, the intuition is used to make decisions such as which way to travel to work to avoid traffic, to determine whether someone is trustworthy, to know who is calling when the phone rings, and so on. So the intuition is something that can be tapped at any time, as well as for deeper insights.
Here are ten tips for increasing your intuition (not in any specific order)...
1. Ask questions - This is really important when developing your intuition because insight follows the asking of a question which then allows energy to come back with a response, whether visually, symbolically, as thoughts or in other ways. This can be as simple as asking "Which way should I travel to the shops today to avoid traffic?", or deeper, such as "Which job should I take?"
2. Listen - This may seem obvious but a lot of the time we may ask the question and change our train of thought before listening to the answer. Why? It could be because we don't expect to get an accurate answer or we don't trust our own ability to intuit it. So ask the question and "leave that space" to be open to an answer. This leads to the next tip...
3. Follow the first thought - When you listen to your inner knowing, it tends to be the first thing that comes to mind that is the intuitive response. Alternative thoughts that come through after that will be the logical mind coming in to give the rational or expected answer rather than the intuitive one. So trust the first thing that comes to mind. It may be an image or symbol rather than words. It's also important to point out, as I mentioned in the introduction, that intuition also comes from the "gut feeling" so you may just get a feeling to do something in particular or just a feeling of "yes" or "no". Imagine that you've asked which way to travel one day and you are coming up to the intersection where you can go one way or the other. As you get closer, you have the question in your mind and at the last minute you just "have to" to right - you feel pulled to do so. This is an intuitive response.
4. Follow through - Now that you've received your intuitive response, follow it through and take notice of whether it was indeed the right move. This will provide your confirmation which will give you confidence and encourage you to keep asking and following the intuitive response. The more you do it, the more automatic it will become.
5. Notice synchronicities - Keep a journal of the synchronicities you notice each day. The more you pay attention to these things, the more tuned in to them you will become. Some of these synchronicities might include knowing who is calling when the phone rings, hearing from someone you were thinking about, coming across a book on a topic you wanted to explore or on something that provides information that is helpful to you, and so on. This will show you how your energy is working within the world, to bring you what you subconsciously ask for or need.
6. Practice stillness - This is one of the most helpful ways to increase your overall sense of connection with the universe, including your intuitive abilities. To achieve stillness, sit quietly and place your attention on your breathing - as you naturally inhale and exhale. Be one with your breath. This is the easiest way I know to still the mind of the persistent thoughts. Alternatively you could focus on a candle flame or something else of your choice. As the thoughts arise, don't cling onto them but let them slip away. Don't get frustrated by thoughts as they pop up because this causes you to pay more attention to them again. Just bring your attention peacefully back to your breath, the flame, etc. Regular practice of stillness will assist your intuitive awareness in day-to-day life as you let go of the mind chatter and just be "present" - right in the present moment where you can achieve greatest awareness.
7. Record your dreams - An ancient way to connect with your subconscious is to record your dreams and analyse their meaning. Having a connection to your dream life provides insight that can help you understand yourself, your life and what lies behind the daily goings-on. Dreams can also bring guidance from the higher self or guides and foretell upcoming events. The more you pay attention to them, the more you will remember and the more use they will be to you in your waking life.
8. Crystals - There are crystals that help to enhance intuition by activating the third eye or brow chakra. When you want to do any specific intuitive work, such as receiving insight from your higher self or guides, you can hold such a crystal to your third eye where you may notice a tingling or warmth on your forehead indicating the enhanced energy in the third eye. Amethyst, clear quartz, lapis lazili, sodalite and other purple and deep blue stones are good choices. You can hold the crystal for 5-10 minutes to help you "tune in" or you can hold it the whole time.
9. Oracle cards - These are tools that can assist you to receive intuitive messages from your higher self and guides. Before reading the message relating to the card/s you've drawn, try looking at the details and theme of the card/s and feeling for the meaning using your intuition. With practice, you may be surprised to find that the message in the guidebook reflects what you already intuitively felt. Look at the symbols, characters, colours and so on.
10. Be open to how you might receive intuitive messages or signs - You may have asked for some guidance with something in particular. You could try to directly receive insight or an answer to your question but if this doesn't happen, don't be disheartened. Once you ask a question, remain open and in expectation of receiving your answer. It could come through a dream, through something someone says to you, through an object that has significance such as a book or symbolic meaning of an item that you suddenly come across, or even via an animal that captures your attention.
As you can see, intuitive guidance often comes through symbolism rather than direct spoken or written answers. This is another reason why paying attention will help you, as you'll become more observant and open to recognising significant events and signs.
As with anything, practice makes perfect. As well as being more attentive and "in the moment", remember to practice stilling the mental faculties to allow the intuitive inner knowing to be felt or heard. You'll know you are on the right track when you don't find yourself saying "I KNEW I should have...!" in hindsight.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Monday, February 28, 2011
Slowly do I evolve out of the dark, buttoned up & down of winter & feel the blood starting to trill in my veins. Possibilities, opportunities, I feel them coming closer with stronger steps & convictions.
My light shall not be dimmed, but bring forth more of myself to breathe in the world & breathe out my contribution to the very lives I love & those yet to be loved.
Let me not falter, but see clearly the grace of flow & acceptance of the beauty that surrounds my every sense.
This awakening into a new Spring will find me growing into my garden of bountiful happiness, as I wish it to be.
It is human to doubt, but it is also human to rise above the fear & grasp they very thing that burns us. An open heart is all I have.....
Monday, February 21, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
This was not written in any specific order (my brain doesn't work that way) but rather written as I thought of what I really was grateful for at that time in my life!
1. That I retired at 47 years old
2. For two healthy, intelligent daughters (funny too!)
3. My health - I feel like I did 20 years ago
4. My youthful appearance
5. My love of decorating (my way!)
6. My love of landscaping (my way!)
7. My kindness
8. My accomplishments with money
9. My creativity
10. That my Mom raised me with morals and talents
11. God for providing all "this" to me
12. The people I've met along the way even if for a season
13. For always having a dollar
14. For the beautiful house Abdul and I built
15. For having an open mind to other cultures and religions
16. For the few friends I have
17. For the power of positive thinking
18. For understanding what being responsible really means
19. For the fabulous places I've traveled too
20. For having good credit especially during a time so many people are losing everything
21. For being understanding especially of my kids
22. For being compassionate
23. For being born into the land of the free
24. For not having the fears my Mom has had in life
25. That I am strong minded and strong spirited
26. My perseverance
Here is another list I wrote last February....These were the Opportunities I was grateful for!
- For meeting Abdul, I learned many, many things! Some very good and others taught me what I don't want in my life.
- For meeting his children. I learned what step-parenting is truly about and realized my limits as a step-parent for which I took on more than I could handle.
- For the house I built on Amber Lane, a real WOW!
- For having what I "thought" I wanted, then realizing that unless my heart is truly, truly happy, within all that stuff is just "stuff"!
- For the money opportunites that I've had. I've made a lot of money and spent just as much and in the end more or less did not make a difference as the outcome was just the same! WOW!
- For having my apartment. It is new, warm and cozy and safe from harmful words and harmful behaviours.
- For the lessons I'm learning NOW, like - who am I really, who do I really want to be and what do I want in the second half of my life.
- For having a kind and loving heart.
- For the lessons I've learned the hard way.
- For the fabulous friends I have.
May you find as much inspiration/insight in my lists as I do today and may it inspire you to create your own list of gratitude! LOVE TO YOU ALL......
P.S. Take a look at The Astonishing Power of Gratitude by Wes Hopper under our favorite websites!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
When I first thought of the idea for this article, I thought I would have a hard time coming up with a long list.
01- It lowers oxygen consumption.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Thanks for allowing me into your lives...
Thanks for being there for each other...
Thanks for BEING YOU!
It means very much to me! I love that the words spoken in conversation together so often seem to be uplifting. They stay with me and are available to access when I need them :)
I most recently used Deb's words about "seekers" vs. "finders" in my blog.
Thank you all for being so wise!
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation, and which are repeated many times, in order to impress the subconscious mind and trigger it into positive action.
In order to ensure the effectiveness of the affirmations, they have to be repeated with attention, conviction, interest and desire.
Imagine that you are swimming with your friends in a swimming pool. They swim fifteen rounds, something you have never done before, and desiring to win the respect of your friends, you want to show them that you can make it too. You start swimming, and at the same time keep repeating in your mind, "I can do it, I can do it...". You keep thinking and believing that you are going to complete the fifteen rounds. What are you actually doing? You are repeating positive affirmations.
More than often, people repeat in their minds negative words and statements concerning the situations and events in their lives, and consequently bring upon themselves undesirable situations. Words and statements work both ways, to build or destroy. It is the way we use them that determines whether they are going to bring good or harmful results.
Often, people repeat negative statements in their minds, without even being aware of what they are doing. Do you keep thinking and telling yourself that you cannot do something, that you are too lazy, lack inner strength or that you are going to fail? Your subconscious mind accepts as true what you keep saying, and eventually attracts corresponding events and situations into your life, irrespective whether they are good or bad for you, so why not choose only positive statements?
Affirmations program the mind in the same way commands and scripts program a computer. They work in the same manner as creative visualization. The repeated words help you focus your mind on your aim, and automatically build corresponding mental images in the conscious mind, which affect the subconscious mind. The conscious mind, the mind you think with, starts this process, and then the subconscious mind takes charge. By using this process consciously and intently, you can affect your subconscious mind and thereby transform your habits, behavior, mental attitude and reactions, and even reshape your external life.
Sometimes results appear quickly, but often more time is required. Depending on your goal, sometimes you might attain immediate results, and sometimes it might take days, weeks, months or more. Getting results depends on several factors, such as the time, focus, faith and feelings you invest in repeating your affirmations, on the strength of your desire, and on how big or small is your goal.
It is important to understand that repeating positive affirmations for a few minutes, and then thinking negatively the rest of the day, neutralizes the effects of the positive words. You have to refuse thinking negative thoughts, if you wish to attain positive results.
How to Repeat Affirmations
It is advisable to repeat affirmations that are not too long, as they are easier to remember. Repeat them anytime your mind is not engaged in something in particular, such as while traveling in a bus or a train, waiting in line, walking etc, but do not affirm while driving or crossing a street. You may also repeat them in special sessions of 5-10 minutes each, several times a day.
Relax any physical, emotional or mental tension while affirming. The stronger the concentration, the more faith you have in what you are doing, the more feelings you put into the act, the stronger and faster will be the results.
Choose only positive words, describing what you really want. If you desire to lose weight, do not tell yourself "I am not fat" or "I am losing weight." These are negative statements, bringing into the mind mental images of what you do not want. Say instead, "I am getting slim" or "I have reached my right weight". Such words evoke positive images in the mind.
Always affirm in the present tense, not the future tense. Saying, "I will be rich", means that you intend to be rich one day, in the indefinite future, but not now. It is more effective to say, and also feel, "I am rich now", and the subconscious mind will work overtime to make this happen now, in the present.
The power of affirmations can help you to transform your life. By stating what you want to be true in your life, you mentally and emotionally see and feel it as true, irrespective of your current circumstances, and thereby attract it into your life.
- I am healthy and happy.- Wealth is pouring into my life.- I am sailing on the river of wealth.- I am getting wealthier each day.- My body is healthy and functioning in a very good way.- I have a lot of energy.- I study and comprehend fast.- My mind is calm.- I am calm and relaxed in every situation.- My thoughts are under my control.- I radiate love and happiness.- I am surrounded by love.- I have the perfect job for me.- I am living in the house of my dreams.- I have good and loving relations with my wife/husband.- I have a wonderful and satisfying job.- I have the means to travel abroad, whenever I want to.- I am successful in whatever I do.- Everything is getting better every day.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
So Dawn has challenged me to begin my journey! She suggested that I take a leap of faith by teaching confidence in order to find my own. WOW, OK now that's an AH HA moment! Makes sense right! Well here is what she has challenged me to do. I need to find people that I can help, help them create something that will bring them confidence!
My Objective Is: HELPING YOU CREATE AUTHENTIC CONFIDENCE THROUGH AWARENESS OF YOUR PERSONAL GIFTS AND CREATIVITY.
I would love to hear your feedback on how you think I can take the next step. Do you know anyone who would love to learn something you know I could teach or do you know of a workgroup who may need a facilitator?
"I don't want to sit in my pain any longer. Every pain I have today is a desire for something bigger - it is calling me forward." (my daily affirmation)
Sunday, January 9, 2011
These quotes were compiled and posted on the site "iloveulove.com".
You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things. Choose now to know yourself as these things always.
I mean you can’t lose in this game. You can’t go wrong. It’s not part of the plan. There’s no way not to get where you are going. There’s no way to miss your destination. If God is your target, you’re in luck, because God is so big, you can’t miss.
All attack is a call for help.
When you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts—thoughts that negate your highest idea about a thing—think again! I want you to do this, literally. If you think you are in a doldrum, in a pickle, and no good can come of this, think again. If you think the world is a bad place, filled with negative events, think again. If you think your life is falling apart, and it looks as if you’ll never get it back together again, think again.
Enlightenment is understanding that there is nowhere to go, nothing to do, and nobody you have to be except exactly who you’re being right now.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Today Lisa and I are attending another one of our "Empire Building" meetings with Dawn Nocera! She is such a powerhouse and just bursting with the real "it" factor! You know meeting someone like Dawn only comes once in a lifetime and I feel beyond blessed that Lisa gave me this opportunity.
Dawn's website is listed under our favorites, please do yourself the biggest favor and visit her website. You may want to even sign up for her weekly Mastermind Meetings which are phenomenal and the location is easy to get to (161 and 71 exit).
Have a most FABULOUS day, I know Lisa and I will as we will be in the company of someone really going places AND sharing how we all can get there too!
Love to you all!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Maturity includes the recognition that no one is going to see anything in us that we don't see in ourselves. Stop waiting for a producer. Produce yourself. Marianne Williamson
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us. Marianne Williamson
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
It is business as usual, at least in the physical world, but the wheels are silently turning & will spin new surprises, opportunities, & visions. I am ready. Are you?