Friday, December 17, 2010

What a Glorious Day...

I always wondered why my mother and father were so adamant to be at every choir performance, musical or scholastic event while I was in school. There were times where I was so proud of my achievements and awards that I was so excited to show my parents what I had accomplished...and then there were those times that I mumbled under my breath "Oh no, I am so embarrassed", especially when my father would yell out "That's my daughter".

It was not until today, that I truly realized why all this meant so much to them all those years. I was able to experience the joy of motherhood at its finest. My little baby is now in preschool and took part in his first ever Christmas concert. To see the look on his innocent little face and the joy of singing and having fun and being part of such a great social environment. Ahhhh...he is growing up.

I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to be a huge part of my sons lives inside and outside of the home. The days that I long to work a little more are trumped by the days that I get to experience the wonderful things in life. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and Jingle Bells will forever be a special memory for me.


1 comment:

  1. This memory is what "it's" all about Maria! You just described the real beauty in raising our children. No doubt Anthony looked darling and had a great amount of fun for his first ever Christmas play!

    ReplyDelete